Monday, June 16, 2014

Decorate your own mug

Another craft from earlier this year - but we are getting closer to present-day time... this one is from March. I made these mugs for friends as hostess gifts when I visited them over spring break (along with some Charleston Tea Plantation Teas - always a hit!).  Another easy craft... But after cooking them in the oven, the colors darkened and I wasn't as pleased with the result. I'm pretty flexible and I like all colors, but I was excited about how they looked before I baked them... You will see. I am waiting on my friend to email me the mug pix for your viewing later - so that will be added on later.

The original pin has been deleted - but all you need to know is below :)

Materials Needed:
- OIL-based sharpies (found at Michael's) ($10-$15) (they work like paint pens)
- Plain white mugs ($1 - Dollar Store)
- Rags handy (because I'm messy)

1) Make sure white mugs are clean... draw to your heart's content.







** I got the ideas for these from the snorgtees website:
http://www.snorgtees.com

2) Allow mug(s) to dry for at least 24 hours. Once 24 hours has passed, place them in a COLD oven - turn the oven to 400 degrees and set timer for 40 minutes. After the 40 minutes is up, turn the oven off and leave the mugs to coll with the oven. Once they're cool, they're ready to use!

I'll post pictures later on the color change - but that is it! Overall, I'm pleased with the ease of this craft and the outcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment